Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that I am so much more sensitive to everything when my IBS acts up. I feel almost as though my self esteem is wavering. When I feel good - I am fine, strong in control of myself and my feelings and don't get so sensitive or weak.When my IBS acts up, I am very sensitive to what people say around me, feel that people don't like me or that I can't do a certain task - I'm more fearful.I just feel that my self esteem is being wavered constantly and don't know how to get it in total control.Does anyone feel this way?

·
Registered
414 Posts
When I was REALLY suffering with IBS (like for over a year with no relief) I got VERY depressed and had NO self esteem what-so-ever... I felt like I couldn't "control" my body how could I accomplish anything else? But then I got divorced and got on Celexa and I'm MUCH better than I used to be.Just wanted you to knwo that I KNOW what you are talking about... definitely!Jill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.