Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a self mutilator since i was 16 years old and i am now 32.My IBS/IBD-C AND D made my work life and personal relationships suffer and when things got too emotionally painful,i would cut myself to numb the emotional pain.Not too many people understand me or have the patience for my physical problems.More often then not i feel like i am a burden to myself and others and i attempted suicide last December at my job.I have not worked since then and i am trying to get on diability for both my physical and emotional problems.My IBD-C keeps me homebound most of the time now and thanks to this board,i realize that i am not alone at all.I just wanted to thank the person who started this board for helping myself and so many others.Thankyou from the bottom of my heart!!-wendi-

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Wendi,Welcome to the IBS BB, wish we could meet under better circumstances though.First and most important, I hope you are getting some help. If you are hurting yourself/trying to kill yourself, you really need some counselling.Second, to help you with the Constipation, go to the constipation BB here (if you have not already) and read as many posts there as you can to get information about what can help.There is also a board here for IBD/Chrons that may help.I do hope you will be feeling better soon, and that you are getting the proper amount of care/counselling from doctors and other health care workers, that is important too.Hope this will help, and do know that you are not alone.Take care. :love:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hello Wendi
I am glad you have found the board. I agree with the above and just ask if you start feeling this way, please come on to the board. There are a lot of people here who will respond to your posts, emails or private messages....Do you have family around etc ?You may be housebound at this time but you are not alone :love:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
WendiWelcome here to the board...There is others here on the board that has gone through the same thing that you have with doing this...You will find alot of support here and maybe even find something that will make your IBS more comfortable.Hang in there and learn all you can..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Goodness! Well, hon first and foremost kudoos for knowing there is something you need to address. Too many people refuse to realize that ther eis depression there. Second if you attack and I do mean attack the depression so much insight and health well come. Third don't let IBS beat you!!! I am usually so sick to my tummy it's not funny, but I rarely slowdown. I may be calm there and not moving but I am living still.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To all-I have gotten counseling and was hospitalized in December on suicide watch.Let me tell ya!I never want to be hospitalized again i the psych ward!They had me so drugged up that i couldn't even lift my head.I slept most of the time,but they keep waking me up for therapy and meals...Who wants to move when you are so drugged up!?There was a patient there who kept putting his hands on my head trying to heal me and they had to keep chasing him off!It was an experience ...Now i am on antidepressants.I just want to make myself clear,I didn't self mutilate because of IBS,i self mutilated because i felt very misunderstood and rejected by my family and co workers.Thank God my boyfriend has stayed by my side through the whole thing and he keeps me laughing on a daily basis.I am no longer able to work because of my frequent bathroom visits and almost constant pain.-wendi-

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have been mutilating since was 12 and m now 23.I dont do it as often anymore. Now I dont "try" to kill myself or anything ... I think its more of a way to get my mind of my stomach problems or other problems. If you are focused on smething else then you arent feeling the pain f the other stuff. kinda strange logic.I became agoraphobic due to my IBS-D so they gave me Paxil and now I must say alot of the panic , anxiety , and depressed have vanished. I havent sliced myself up once sice March. And my IBS-D is very under control. I do get C from the pill but can control it with diet.I really feel for ya.If ya ever need to chat feel free to drop me an email AndForOneSecond###aol.com

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou sweetie for your e-mail!I wish that nobody else felt so desparate to self mutilate.It's a bad place to be.I havn't self mutilated since January,but i think it's because i havn't been working.I don't think it would take long for me to hit rock bottom again if i were at work again around people who don't really care,and there is always at least one where ever i have worked.I could feel strong as a rock one day and fall to peices the next.Take care of yourself!and thankyou again!-wendi- :love:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
wendi,Do you see , or can you see a counselor on a regular basis? Obviously you need someone to talk to , and to connect with , especially at those times when you feel the urge to cut yourself.You need a support network.. and we will provide that to the best of our ability, but you need someone who is actually there with you.I wish you all the best, I am so sorry that you have been dealing with all of this.Know that you aren't alone, and that we truly care.Hang in there..Please keep us posted on how things are going with you .((((HUGS))))Jeanne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.