Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why have we got Senior and Junior under our names?Does this mean that some of us are older than others or more experinced in the IBS department?
Just wondering.------------------Pink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Caca.....At least on this forum I can stay Junior for a while longer
------------------Pink

·
Registered
766 Posts
It's the number of posts you've made. I became a senior member in about a week, I think, because I posted several times to a couple of threads.. I think the magic number is either 15 or 20. I am a member of another board that uses the same software, and since I don't post very often, I'm still a junior member, despite being a member since November or December.I wondered about that at first too! I couldn't believe I became a "senior member" so quickly. If you click on the symbol above the posting, on the left, with I think a question mark and a face, you can get more info about the person who posted, including how many times they've posted and when they joined the board. That can give you a better idea of how long someone has been around, if you're curious.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
atp, they may of changed it, I have been here a week and posted 28 times but am still a junior...not that I mind of course
------------------Pink

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you want a post to go up to the top, reply to the post. If the only thing you are doing is bumping up the post type in the word bump.Posts are listed with the post with the newest reply at the top.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think it is actually 30 posts and you move into the ranks of 'senior' contributor. Little point whether the person is 'junior' or 'senior' doesn't really say anything about the points they make or the advice offered. I was a senior contributor on the 'old' Parkview Publishing Board, left for a while, then registered here with new email and penname.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nina your right, its 30 so I have just found out. Now I am a senior and I feel my age again *laugh*.But like you said it doesn't matter whether we are senior or junior we all have advice and we all share the same thing.I like this forum....have I said that before
------------------Pink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi there Pink!
Just wanted to welcome another fellow Brit to the board ....I dunno, I go away for a few days, and come back to find a new addition to the family all grown up already!!
Julie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi JulieThanks for the welcome
Yep I am all grown already *laugh* mind you saying that I dont think the hubby would say that ;D------------------Pink

1 - 12 of 12 Posts