Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi therelast year my parent split up and when my dad returned he had bought us all tickets to go on holiday this summer.I found out today that the airport we fly into is 'Palma' in Spain. The problem is that the transfer time is 2 - 2 1/2 hours! thats really scary for me. Even the first is 1 1/2 hours away! what will I do if im ill? oh no! no one will understand if im ill. ill be stuck on a coach without a loo (YES - i checked!), in the middle of dessert with no-where to stop if I need to!.......no-where! i cant hold it when i get ill, so what would I do???? 2 1/2 hours is a VERY long time for me. I am currently being diagnosed, but I get chronic diorrea/loose stools (D) and cramping pains. Im scared ill get cought out and am considering not going and loosing deposit.If I were to take Immodium or something, would it stop me having D? and stop pains? definately?

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
180 Posts
Vicki Lou,It would be a shame for you to miss out on a great opportunity such as this. I am not a medical doctor, so you need to ask your physician about using Immodium. If you get the okay, you might want to think about a trial run, to see the effects it has on your body and to see if you can feel confident with using it. For added security, you might want to wear a Depends. I am a little confused about your mode of travel. You may want to consult with a travel agent, because since the need for a bathroom is an universal thing, I find it hard to believe that you would not be able to access one in an emergency. Before you leave for your trip, you might want to learn and practice some relaxation techniques, if anxiety is a trigger for your intestinal symptoms. Good luck and I hope you have a great trip!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the "trasfer time of 2 1/2 hours" i refer to is on a coach from the airport to the hotel.none of the transfer coaches have toilets on board (i have been advised by the tour operator)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.