Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I meant to post this yesterday but the darn BB was down again. Emiled them hopefully they do something.Anyway, I have to say that this Serzone i am on is really tops in my book. As I said I tried Prozac back in Feb of this year and it was horrible. I had taken prozac back in 1992 with good results.The Serzone works nicely to keep me calm and look foward to each day of life. I still have my moments but no where near as bad as before. I have a smile on my face and live each day. The Serzone gave me a whole outlook on life which inspired me to do my new web site. Ambition like that I have not felt in years. The problem with my mother and her selling the family business out from under me went from WWWOOOOOSSSS MEEEEEE! to get up and FIGHT!!! BACK!!!!! and get her before she gets me.I still have an occational outburst here and there but that is normal. 5 weeks ago I was lonely and depressed so bad that I did not even want to be around people so I would not feel lonely. really strrange!!It makes me a little tired but I would rather deal with that than the depression. No more thoughts of taking my life. Sorry, everyone who is depressed will think of that, does not mean I would do that though. I have my friends here at home and on this board they all mean so much to me.My friend and neighbor thru her boyfriend out so now I don't have to deal with that anymore, she is by the way feeling much better but addicted to xoom.com chat room, I have to get her off that ####. She is ignoring everything else around her now. Now she wants her own computer probably jjust to chat. UGH!!!!Anyway, if anyone has been trying to cope with depression and outbursts of anger please try this Serzone, it is not for everyone, but it would not hurt to try. I think it is great!!Oh, yes, my stomach has been feeling much better - heck the other night - blackened pork chops like i told you on the other thread, NO PROBLEM!! Well gotta go and work on my site.Mark

G

·
Marka - I understand where you are coming from. I went to the doctor a week back and he prescribed Zoloft, and for the first time in a long time I feel that I am beginning to get a handle on things again.I also ordered some deep relaxation tapes off the NET that I am looking forward to. I sincerely believe that the meds, pdoc, self help and friends from this board are making a BIG difference.Regardswbeno

G

·
Hi there,I had been on Serzone, for one day. I started breaking out in a sweat, got really nauseated, got to where I couldnt breathe right, and wound up in the ER where they gave me a shot of vistaril. Nobody ever said if they thought it was an allergic reaction, but made it sound more like a panic attack. I had heard it had great results but I'm afraid to try it now. I've been off anti-depressants now for about 6 months or so and depression wise I'm not sure I'm any worse, or any better.....just sort of the same, in limbo every day...ya know that feeling? I had thought about trying Paxil, and had heard that it worked well for many people but I am so leery of the side effects....I do have a bf, and I'm scared of the sexual side effects....talk about depressing!!! Anyway, I was wondering, is depression a common factor among IBS sufferers? It seems to come up in everything I read, and also seems to give the docs more ammo to the "in your head" argument. Anyway, nice to meet ya and thanks for your replies

G

·
Hey Mark, I hear ya.I would say that for myself, Paxil has been the miracle cure for me. My doctor prescribed Paxil for my anxiety over my IBS whereas I wasn't really experiencing depression, just frustration. I feel so much better overall. I just get up and do things without worrying about it. You know what the great thing about it is? I don't remember the last time I had D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts