Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI feel bloated after everything I eat. It is very frustrated since none of the overthecounter drugs seem to be helping me. I am seeing a GI doctor in two weeks. Does the bloating affect your sleep? When it gets really bad I have trouble falling asleep and then I get extremely anxious. Any advice for a someone who is really suffering.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Totally can relate to the bloating...I look six months pregnant I am so bloated today!!! Nothing seems to help either...yuck!

· Registered
1,327 Posts
I'm so bloated, my abdomen could dodge bullets. I am underweight and look like a candy apple on a stick. I have found stress does make distention that's there even more uncomfortable. My doctor prescribed .125 to .25 mg Xanax as needed. It has only a small effect but does relieve some tension. I have no relief from gas medicines or fiber. I have to avoid pasta, drink lots of water and take milk of magnesia daily. Other than that, nothing has helped. I do know that a lack of water is a major cause of bloating however.

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Bloating? um? have i told you i am not pregnant,and was asked if i was? sheesh can relate 100% and don't forget the right side that hurts along with it! Be well,Krissy no OTC helps me either!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am glad that I can relate to all of you. I just wish there was something I could do. Does it cause you to have trouble falling asleep though? I actually heard that cammomile tea can help but unfortunately I am allergic to ragweed which is somehow associated with that type of tea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Ricky,I hope you find something to help the bloat, must be a pain in the ***.AD, I heard taking MOM was not good to take on a daily basis, could weaken the colon.

· Registered
122 Posts
Bloating is my life! Well, at least it was until recently when I've started having D and can't eat. I'm hungry, but it's such a nice trade off from the bloating. Nothing like having to UNZIP at the dinner table. Prepping for my flex sig was a blessing in diguise - no bloating for once.As someone has mentioned, sugars seem to do it. And for me - any carbs really aggravate the bloating also. Gas-X used to work wonders, but I'm wondering if I've become immune. If only there was a cure-all...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.