Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI feel bloated after everything I eat. It is very frustrated since none of the overthecounter drugs seem to be helping me. I am seeing a GI doctor in two weeks. Does the bloating affect your sleep? When it gets really bad I have trouble falling asleep and then I get extremely anxious. Any advice for a someone who is really suffering.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Totally can relate to the bloating...I look six months pregnant I am so bloated today!!! Nothing seems to help either...yuck!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I'm so bloated, my abdomen could dodge bullets. I am underweight and look like a candy apple on a stick. I have found stress does make distention that's there even more uncomfortable. My doctor prescribed .125 to .25 mg Xanax as needed. It has only a small effect but does relieve some tension. I have no relief from gas medicines or fiber. I have to avoid pasta, drink lots of water and take milk of magnesia daily. Other than that, nothing has helped. I do know that a lack of water is a major cause of bloating however.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Bloating? um? have i told you i am not pregnant,and was asked if i was? sheesh can relate 100% and don't forget the right side that hurts along with it! Be well,Krissy no OTC helps me either!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am glad that I can relate to all of you. I just wish there was something I could do. Does it cause you to have trouble falling asleep though? I actually heard that cammomile tea can help but unfortunately I am allergic to ragweed which is somehow associated with that type of tea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Ricky,I hope you find something to help the bloat, must be a pain in the ***.AD, I heard taking MOM was not good to take on a daily basis, could weaken the colon.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hi rickyloca, You could try eliminating sugars in your diet and the additive citric acid which is in many fruity beverages and tomato products, as well as coffee naturally(read labels).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bloating is my life! Well, at least it was until recently when I've started having D and can't eat. I'm hungry, but it's such a nice trade off from the bloating. Nothing like having to UNZIP at the dinner table. Prepping for my flex sig was a blessing in diguise - no bloating for once.As someone has mentioned, sugars seem to do it. And for me - any carbs really aggravate the bloating also. Gas-X used to work wonders, but I'm wondering if I've become immune. If only there was a cure-all...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.