Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,For about three months I had severe D, i was going 5-10 times a day with nausea and pain. For the last three weeks i have been constipated, very badly constipated. I have also been swollen and bloated. I feel like someone has placed a bowling ball in my pelvis and it is pushing out at my abdomin near mu public line. I gets so painful. I went three days without a BM, so i tried a suppository and got nothing, then i had a red bull (normally gives me D) and nothing, then a tablet laxative with lactulose and seven hours later got just one BM, then the next day did an enema with more lactulose and went two more times. I feel like there is so much more in there i feel like ive done about 1/5 of what needs to come out so i did more lactulose last night and an enema today..... and NOTHING. The day is almost over and i will have gone yet another day without a BM.I am starting to get stressed about it and dont know what to do. I have a colonoscopy in a week but what do i do between now and then. My tummy hurts so much i can even have someone touch it. The only other thing i know to try is picoprep which is what we take before a colonoscopy. I just dont know what to do anymore. What does one do when you cant do a BM at all.... where do you go from there

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there I have severe IBS c. I find nothing will help. I only go once or twice a month! It's killing me so I know how you feel.I've been trying everything.Magnesium tea, fiber, yoga, walking, sit ups, water, miralax, amitza, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am right there with you both! I can go weeks without having a BM and blow up to like 8 months pregnant.I wish I could tell you have the answer, I do not, I have tried every thing you noted as well.My GI said my gut was just in a knot all the time, and that is why I am this way.I only found this site this week and I went to the books and found Heather Van Vorus - Eating for IBS and another IBS the First Year.I am reading all that I can in these books and implementing things into my lifestyle.I just started reading them on Wed. so next week I am going to try all of her advice on the do eat this and don't eat that!I will be glad to share my progress with you.One thing she did note that I am doing is giving up coffee for peppermint tea and I can tell a difference in how my belly feels.That's not the cure, but it is one piece of advice that I can see is better. I am not a cola drinker so that is not an issue for me.But she suggests giving up all caffeine and I can see a difference.I am in prayer and hoping that by trying these things, keeping a good food diary, then I will be able to live life symptom free or at least not sick all of the time.If you want me to keep up with you on the progress, let me know. I used to have IBS-D in my early years 20's-30's and now in 40's I can't poo w/o doing something to make me!So praying and beginning to let go of coffee and see where I am next week on her eating advice.I pray you each find a solution to your IBS-C Severe, I understand completely how badly you feel.God bless

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for replying to my post.I am booked in for a colonoscopy on wednesday (3 days) and am a little nervous. I have to take x3 ducolax laxatives in the morning, then x1 picoprep in the arvo then x1 more picoprep in the evening, so scary. Thats alot of laxatives.Ive tried enemas, suppositories, laxatives both stimulant and stool softners, caffiene..... i mean there just doesnt seem to be anything. I am now reading a book called "the other womans movement" or something like that. Seems good and accurate so far. Will let you know if i learn anything helpful from it. I alternate between D and C, and i am severe with both. I have been C for a month or so now, and I HATE it. I would take the D any day over the C. Im also doing a 30min to 2 hour walk every night to see if exercise will stimulate my bowels.I keep us all in my thoughts and hope we can all find something to fix our pain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.