Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone here may put my mind at ease, as I've had wonderful advice here before.My problem started a few days ago when I had a cup of coffee. This gave me stomach cramps that had me doubled over and lasted for 2 days. I felt a bit better yesterday and took a risk and ate fresh salmon for my meal.I think this caused me a permanent stomach pain and tenderness across my upper abdomen at bedtime and was difficult for me to lie down. I still have this ripping/burning across my ribs and stomach today. I have suffered from excess acid for years and I'm not sure if this is causing the pain or what? If anybody could help or suggest anything for this I would be grateful. It just seems more severe and unusual this time round.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
My indigestion just kept getting worse and worse until it became an all day every day problem, with reflux thrown in from time to time. I have been free of that, now, for over 11 years with a flavonoid supplement, Provex CV. It would, presumably, be worth a try if you would prefer not to go the PPI route. You can send me a PM if you would like to talk about it.Good luck with this.Mark

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It may be worth calling the doctor even if you've had longstanding acid/stomach issues since this sounds a lot more severe than your usual upper GI pain.You might need to be checked to make sure there isn't an ulcer and if pain seems to be worse on the right make sure your gall bladder is OK.It is hard to know when it is just a bad spell or if it something new, but when something gets suddenly a lot worse it usually is worth getting it checked out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your advice. I should see the doctor as I am no better today. The pain is across my upper abdomen rather than to one side. I am quite scared of needing another endoscopy though, It was a living nightmare for me when I had one a few years back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My God, You ate fresh salmon. My dear, Haven't you suffered enough. I make food mistakes all the time. But even thinking about eating fresh salmon gives me goose bumps.Anyway. for now, for you and everybody else. I DISCOVERED what stops ab pain to-day.My mistake was eating ground beef that was thoroughly cooked but still was kind of stiff. Next time after cooking I'll pour some water to the skillet so that this meat will be also steamed.THis is how I stopped the pain and ran to Macy's for a great Veteran's sale. I took two caps of bentyl- RX this is antispasmotic and 1 tablet of tramadol /ultram/ RX for pain. I took this all together and drank a lot of water- important to make it effective . The cramps dissappeared I bought nice clothes. Good Luck.I take a lot of digesticve stuff but for all of us a good DIET is what really works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.