Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS for years but a bout of hemorrhoids has finally incapacitated me. I ended up in the ER last night because I was in such excruciating pain, and they said my options were a) get admitted and go on morphine or
go home and take warm baths and do what I already do for IBS -- take Citrucel, drink tea, take baths, etc. The surgeon said he couldn't operate because the hemorrhoid is too inflamed, but I can't see how it'll improve when I have such bad IBS-D. So now I'm stuck at home -- can't possibly work in so much agony -- taking percoset for the pain, with no end in sight. Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had horrible h's with my third pregnancy- I ended up in the er too. The doctor there used some kind of foam- this was six years ago so I can't remember the name, I wish I could. Maybe someone else might know what I'm talking about? It worked wonders, took care of the pain. Its amazing how painful those things can be. I feel for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.