Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been suffering from IBS C for about 7 years then it changed to IBS D for the last 3. I had a really bad attack on Tuesday night which was still going Wednesday morning. But this morning I woke with a really terrible pain I knew it was caused by wind and had expected it but this is the second time I've had this pain and I honestly feel like it's going to make me pass out or be violetly sick. Stooped over, I managed to make a hot water bottle and go back to bed before getting up to work an hour later. Now sitting at work most of the pain is gone but I know by lunch time I will be starting to feel it again. Has anyone else experienced this and how do you cope? Seriously considering going to doc.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Technically, to get an IBS diagnosis you have to have pain or discomfort so most of us have experienced pain with our IBS.Hard to know if the pain is actually from gas, or just from dis-coordinated colon activity.Some people do well with gas reducing measures (less bacteria food in diet, probiotics) but others find things like peppermint or antispasmodics better for pain. Some get severe pain from normal colon activity and low dose antidepressants help that.Usually to blame gas either the pain goes after you fart or is worse on days you fart more than usual. You seem to be describing pain during high colon activity times so you may need some of the dealing with colon activity things in addition to any gas reduction things you might try. The colon is most active around the time we get up and then has additional periods of increased activity around meals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.