Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep getting this pain i can feel like a big air bubble moving up and it gets stuck in the middle of my chest hurts so bad and i have a hard time breathing,sometimes it sits under left or right ribs,anyone know a way to stop this

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Possible things,Center of chest. Heartburn or costocontritis. Heartburn, see if an antacid helps it. Magnesium based if you are constipated, Calcium based if you tend to diarrhea.Costcondritis tends to be more consistent, if you can tolerate NSAIDS try one of those (some IBSers cannot) or tylenol. It is just the joints in the ribs being irritated, kinda like tendon problems anywhere else other than it is hard to stay off your lungs and not use them for a week or two where you can rest an arm or a leg.There are bends in the colon under the ribs on the left and right and those often cause pain in IBS Short term, try peppermint or an antispasmodic. If you can predict when they happen or they happen every day do the peppermint/antispasmodic regularly or try taking it before the pain (like if it always happens after meals, take them 20 minutes before a meal).Longer term as sometimes it is gas getting trapped there try a lower starch/lower carb diet or probiotics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.