Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the procedure relaxed after being ensured that i would be unconcious and that the whole ordeal would seem a memory and it would be pain free.It was without doubt the most painfull thing ive ever had done, i was screaming and crying and they had to up my sedation, my consultant was supprised by my reaction and was concerned, he said that my bowel was spasming violently, I feel dissapointed that it went so horribly (and that he didnt really find anything making it all unecesarry?), but this morning and last night im suffering alot of pain, i feel bloated, bruised and very nauseous!!.. How long until this goes? im taking it easy eating today nothing to hard on digestion...Ive got to go back next tuesday for the result of my two biopsies and collect my blood test results.. He said that he would like to begin medication right away, im unsure what medication i will be presecribed? can anyone offer some names of things that are a possibilty so i can research them beforehand..Thanks

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I would wait til you hear from the Dr about the medications... easier to just look them up then than for us to try to guess which ones your Dr might be referring to. I answered another post of yours and I think most of your discomfort is from the air they put in there during the procedure. So passing that gas will help you feel better.And it can be quite a few days for even D types to have a BM after a complete clean out for a colonoscopy. So don't worry about not having a BM yet.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
*points up*In the menu bar at the top of the pages is a link labeled Medicationshttp://www.ibsgroup.org/medications if you can't find it.It lists most of the commonly used medications for IBS.After my sigmoidoscopy I was a bit bruised feeling for a couple of days. Have you tried peppermint tea? Ginger tea can help with nausea.Some people do need more sedation than the average, it is good to note this and let doctors know if you ever need to be sedated in the future for a procedure or surgery. It would be nice if we all came with a label that said how much sedation we need, but we don't, and when the average amount isn't enough they will usually be able to up the dose. They don't start out at the maximum if we give you any more you will die dose as most people don't need that much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.