Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Community Manager
13,190 Posts
so very sorry. have you tried an enema yet? hope you can find some relief,

and yes, i do hope your doc understands how serious this is. good luck.

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I did go with an enema but I only got a little out so I still feel pretty constipated. Unfortunately I still have abdominal pain and I’m really bloated. I am going to make a list of everything to talk to the doctor about. My mom has gastroparesis, I have often wondered if I could have inherited that.

My partner and I are having a special date tomorrow and I’m a little worried. I can’t stop farting, and I really don’t want to fart and ruin the mood.

· Registered
70 Posts
I did go with an enema but I only got a little out so I still feel pretty constipated. Unfortunately I still have abdominal pain and I’m really bloated. I am going to make a list of everything to talk to the doctor about. My mom has gastroparesis, I have often wondered if I could have inherited that.

My partner and I are having a special date tomorrow and I’m a little worried. I can’t stop farting, and I really don’t want to fart and ruin the mood.
Did you uses a Fleet enema? They can work good. My brilliant take on this sort of thing is that feces has to be removed from the body. When I was the most stuck I used a colema board. 5 gallons of hot water, as or near as hot as safe. I read 98-105. I would push it even if it feels real hot inside just as long as it is measured to be safe, probably 103-105 but check on it. I remember using 5 gallons of hot water and was astounded at the poor results like I didn't think it was possible for it not to work but it didn't. I loaded up another 5 gallon bucket and the second one worked and i got relief. Good luck.

· Registered
126 Posts
Sunstar,

I hope you get better. I guess you see the doctor in just a few days right? Hopefully, they can offer some help.
Please see some posts from Tall52 he had some suggestions for his constipation relief which involved ground chia seeds and other items like pineapple and papaya.

I'm curious have you tried the aided exercise? I suggested it thinking it may help stimulate the gut motility.
You'd have to work your way up if going from zero minutes.

I'm sure you know all about motor functions. But I just saw this page and thought of you.

It states:

"Patients with SIBO and IBS have on average a third as many MMC phase III events with those events being roughly 30% shorter on average.[13] "

So far, you've tried many drugs to help with improved motility. I wonder if there are other solutions.

Hope things improve!

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the responses. I have not tried a colema board yet but I will look into it. I’m very interested in trying aided exercises because I think my very limited ability to move my body is a big part of why I can’t have a bm.

· Registered
126 Posts
Hey Sunstar,

Have you asked your doctor about a gut cleanse? Like possibly using colon prep or another full intestinal elimination method to remove stool and gas before any longer term treatment? It would be for the pain physical and social/emotional the gas is causing you. It should provide immediate relief for the gas. But keeping it that way is another story (diet/absorption, etc.).

· Registered
127 Posts
My doc suggested I take MiraLax. I think it would be a good thing occasionally but I'm sensitive to it & ended up not being able to take it because it caused my mouth to burn. Good luck!

· Registered
111 Posts
I cannot imagine going days or weeks with a full colon-- that is not a healthy
thing to do. Have you considered magnesium citrate liquid. it would help clean you
out -- then you can try your doctor's suggestions

1 - 13 of 13 Posts