Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed with IBS 18 years ago (when I was 17) .. I have had more colonoscopies, sigmoidoscopies, abdominal CT's, MRI's and endoscopies than I can even remember. My problem is that over the past several months, I have had continuous sharp stabbing pains in my stomach. I feel as if I have swallowed broken glass! It doesn't matter if I have eaten a regular meal, or just something bland like soup or pasta. I'm only able to eat a few bites of any meal before I start feeling really really sick. My doctor has me on dicyclomine four times a day. I asked about Zelnorm, but since I am plagued with both diarrhea *and* constipation, he said he would not recommend it. My doctor just keeps telling me that it's IBS and there is nothing more he can do about it. I don't tolerate pain well ... and this is getting to be more than I can handle! Does anyone else have this problem? (I also have all sorts of problmes with the intestines as well ... but the stabbing stomach pains are my biggest concern!) I don't know what to do ... I would love to be able to go just one day without having to tote my maalox or pepto bismol around with me! Is there *anything* that can make these pains go away??? ~ Missy from Mississippi melissalea1971###hotmail.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.