Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that my symptoms are getting better now I have started the hypnosis cd's, also have started taking probiotics which seems to be boosting my energy. But one thing has got me wondering.I have been experiencing C alot over the past 2 weeks, which is wierd for me as Im normally D, but I figured it mite have been the probiotics or my mind tryin to sort out my body. Now this seems to be clearing up and I have had normal movements for the past 3 days!! but I have noticed that the stools actually feel abit sharpe as they leave my body.. what cud be causing this? I dont think it has been sharpe enuff to do any damage. Just abit uncomfortable.. There has been a few times in the past where I think I must have got a slight cut or sumthing on the opening as I have had stinging in that area and tiny spots of blood on tissue.. Is it sumthing I cud be eating? Or just the fact that it was C stools?

·
Registered
166 Posts
That feeling is pretty common with me. I also get it after D stops (sometimes swinging to mild C). My theory is that it is a combination of the stretching and the irritation of the mucous membranes. I also have an anal fissure and hemmorhoids, and these get irritated and may play a role for me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
sounds like you have an anal fissure. there are a variety of options for treating them, but the key is to have small, soft stools everyday for several months to get it to heal and stay healed.

89 Posts
Sounds like hemorrhoids or fissures to me (the pain and small amounts of blood)....and having to deal with those on top of IBS is really bad! I feel for you (really) - have you tried hemorrhoidal creams etc...? I also agree that having soft stools will help that area heal. Don't ignore it though, cuz it won't get better on its own. Good luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well wot are fissures? I have seen people mention them before but I dont know wot they are... It doesnt do it all the time. just after I have been C, I have been to the bathroom today and there was no pain or spots of blood.. thats why it confuses me.. Once the C stools are gone everything is fine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
it's the straining when you are constipated that makes them act up. i have the same thing, i haven't gone to the doctor yet, but i'm treating it as if it were hemmy's. i use anusol ointment and tucks pads. they both help, but i should really go get it checked out. anyway, when you are not C then you're not straining, and they have time to heal.karen

·
Registered
145 Posts
your fissure doesn't hurt or cause any symptoms during bowel movements with smaller, softer stools because it doesn't cause the fissure to open up. don't confuse a lack of symptoms with being cured. it doesn't happen that way with fissures. a fissure is merely a cut just inside the anus caused by the anal area being over-streched by large stools. the cut is usually to the rear and middle (posterior midline) and when it opens up enough, it exposes a vein. when that vein is exposed to the stool, it gets torn open and bleeds. fissures heal from the top down so it is easy to reopen the cut even though it feels ok. figure that it has healed if you have been symptom-free for at least 6 months.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok now I am scared to death that if I get too C im gonna bleed to death!! Honestly when it does bleed it is the tiniest amount, like a little smudge.. I figured it was on the outside cuz it stung alittle wen i wiped. I did panic for a bit and got my boyfriend to look to see if he cud see anything and he sed there is a tiny cut on the opening.. its only been lately that I have felt the stools rubbing the walls on the way out.. it was a wierd feeling, not really too much pain, just uncomfortable..If it is a fissure, what do I have to do to get rid of it?

·
Registered
888 Posts
ive had this and think its fairly normal.sometimes it hurts when i pass a stool and sometimes when i wipe theres a little bit of blood where it has been so sharp coming out. ive had that a few times, even before i had ibs. i take fybogel every night when is meant to soften the stools.

·
Registered
145 Posts
sorry to be delayed in responding to your request. i don't get over to this forum on a regular basis.how long your symptoms last will depend on several things. the more often an h appears, the longer it seems to take to get rid of it until it ultimately just won't go away no matter what you do. the first two or three times for the same h for me it only took about two or three weeks to clear it up. after that it began to increase to a couple of months and then no relief really at all.fissure symptoms can go away very quickly...as soon as you stop having large and/or hard stools it begins to heal over the top with new skin. healing continues downward and the skin becomes more devoleped as well. complete healing takes at least a few months....if you don't rip it back open and start again from zero. it can be a very frustrating path to healing. don't worry about the exposed vein because it is tiny and will not cause excessive bleeding.treatments for the two are somewhat different. fissures like to have lots of blood flow to stimulate healing. h's are actually dilated vessels that need to contract back to their original size, so that is opposite. the usual treatment for fissures is to take lots of hot baths and apply dilating creams like nifedipine and nitroglycerin. these treatments aggravated my h's so i skipped them. both problems respond favorably to small, soft stools so i did everything i could to achieve that. they both also respond to staying quiet, no excersize, laying down whenever possible...so i did that as well. diet is everything. don't even consider anything questionable until you are healed.your surgeon can recommend medical intervention if you are unable to cure it on your own. doctors only really have a couple of tricks for fissures...nitro/nifedipine, botox, and surgery. none of those were acceptable to me. i found that the fissure was the lesser of the two evils and i really have concentrated on the h's. the fissure will heal on its own with proper stools. there is a recent thread on the constipation forum that discusses this as well. note the link to a fissure website that is extremely helpful.fear not...you are on your way to getting better.i also highly recommend lots of prayer.

89 Posts
Thank you GETNOLD for both the personal info and the more general info. I hope your little problem is clearing itself up!
I do have to confess that since I am new to the whole hemmy thing your personal tale makes me worry about the future...I do NOT want to deal with them EVER again! They are truly unpleasant...Anyway, thanks again and take care!~~

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
i've been using tea tree oil for about 2 days now, and wow what a difference already. i just apply with some toilet paper to the affected area (not inside!!!) everytime i got to the bathroom. already it feels like things are healing down there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.