Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It’s only been in 3 days since I pooped but I already feel really constipated. I have no appetite and I’m still nauseous. Per usual I have taken a lot of laxatives already but I still can’t go at all. Is it best to poop daily? I know I will feel better if I do an enema but I have been warned not to do them too often. Unfortunately that’s the only way I go, so I may end up doing one to alleviate discomfort. I don’t know if it’s worth calling my doctor and just flat out asking if they can prescribe me something. I feel a little like I’m being annoying since I have talked to them about this issue a lot but I feel like they still don’t get how bad it is. I have not told my doctor that things are so bad I need an enema to poop. I guess I’m just a little embarrassed. It’s not an emergency but my gi issues are having a severe affect on my life and I am still rapidly losing weight.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did 2 enemas and I’m still constipated. The first enema all that happened was the water came back out with no poop. The second one I only 2 pebbles out and I had to push really hard to do that. I can feel a lot more poop that is stuck and it’s frustrating because I feel like I have literally tried everything and it just won’t come out. In addition to the enema I have taken miralax, vitamin c, dulcolax, and magnesium and nothing has worked.

·
Community Manager
13,349 Posts
Annie's in the hospital right now (nothing serious) and won't be able to reply until she gets home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts