Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Is any kind canned white chicken good for IBS? I don't want to buy fresh chicken and have to cook it. I want to eat rice and chicken everyday but I can't seem to eat any kind of veggies. Is grape jelly loaded with sorbitol? It does say it on the label on the jar but everyone says that grapes have it in them. I want to change my diet somehow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Once, I tried just turkey and rice for a while. I got sliced turkey in the deli section of the grocery store. I'm glad you mentioned it because I was thinking of trying that again. Maybe they have sliced chicken too, where you are. Canned, I've never tried.Sorbitol bothers me too. If it's high up on the ingredients list, I don't buy the product. If it's down at the bottom, like below salt, I figure it may be okay. You could email the manufacturer.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Anything in can is not good for you. The canning process changes the vitamins/mineral content of the food. Fresh is always better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.