Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to my doctors to get different medication today, just wanted to know what you all thought of this......Aloe Ground fennel Calcium Digestive enzymes and What he puts me on probably Modulon.Just wodering if those are all ok to take at the same time.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Billie, They look okay, but take the list and ask him when your there.
Its a good idea to let docs know even about otc products or herbs you take.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I would also include bringing or at least lsiting anything else you might be taking even non-IBS related. and I find it better sometimes to ask a pharmacist rather than a doctor about drug interactions - including as eric pointed out herbs - since that's their area of expertise.nancy

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
I personally think taking the list to a pharmaist would be better than just taking it to the doctor. doctors often don't know much about herbs.I have worked with herbs most of my life.I do know my herbs.I've worked with them as a professional and I've had my own retail herbal business with real brick and mortar space. 1,500 sq feet of herbal challenges in the knowlege department.Your list sounds good.I like the idea of ground fennell better than using the essential oil like people are prone to do these days.The one thing about fennell though is that it does fall into the phytoestrogen category so if you notice a difference in your periods it would be the fennell making the effect.You need to know that stuff when using herbs.You can even call poison control and you would be amazed what they can tell you about an herb. Even a little cooking herb like fennell.Good LuckKamie

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I agree the pharmacist is an excellent resource and the PDR now also has an herb reference just fyi you can get.Its kind of expensive however.PDR for Herbal Medicines second addition is the title.But still very important for your doctor to know what your taking!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I just got back and he put me on Modulon, and I asked about the other stuff and he didn't think it was a good idea to take all of it at the same time.So I went to see the pharm...and he said it was okay to take the modulon, calcium, ginger pills, garlic pills, and peppermint capsules together. My doc also put me on very mild anti-depressants....Clonazepam(generic name) anyone heard of it?So I will try all of this and let you know how it goes......Billie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.