Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am a new member and this is my first post. My IBS started about 5 years ago, but it was not so bad. I had bad D just a couple of times a year. It got worse 3 years ago and after a few months, it got better again, though I had a flare-up every other month or so. January 2003, I had blood in my stool so I went to GI and took a colonoscopy in April 2003. The doctor found internal hemorrhoid and that’s it. I didn’t have chron or UC. But since this June, I have been suffering from kinda different pain with my colon with D. I went to three GI’s (I was recently relocate so I had to find a new doc in a new place) and all of them said I do not need to have another colonoscopy. I wonder if you had a colonoscopy and repeated it sometime later. Do you have any idea if colonoscopy could miss some other disease like Chron or UC? I am taking Librax and it absolutely helps my D and pain in some way. Please give me any idea.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Blueberry~Hey there. I have had 3 colonoscopys and an endoscopy. If they think you should repeat it, why not? you don't have anything to loose right, plus they might find something this time. I think that going through all the test helps to ease your mind once they are all said and done. Just my thought though.~glued~

·
Registered
24 Posts
Blueberry~Hey there. I have had 3 colonoscopys and an endoscopy. If they think you should repeat it, why not? you don't have anything to loose right, plus they might find something this time. I think that going through all the test helps to ease your mind once they are all said and done. Just my thought though.~glued~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.