Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just diagnosed with SIBO (after having post-infectious IBS for 14 years). Two years ago my Gastro put me on Xifaxan (without a SIBO diagnosis) and unfortunatly it did no good. That Dr. didn't want to test me for SIBO. So I went to UNC and found a new Gastro that agreed to test me and I had a positive result from the Glucose hydrogen breath test. He prescribed the antibiotic Noroxin (which I don't see many people here taking that for SIBO) but maybe he prescribed it because I didn't respond to the Xifaxan. I haven't started the Noroxin yet so I don't know if I will have better results with this med. Has anyone else tried Noroxin for SIBO?Also, my Dr. wants me to start a probiotic after I finish the antibiotic. That makes me nervous as I have never had good results with Probiotics...even Align which he recommended. They always cause my already bad gas to get about 10x's worse - even after taking each brand for 3-4 weeks! Can anyone recommend a probiotic to take (nothing with FOS please - that's REAL bad for me)?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.