Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
33,934 Posts
Have you tried the hospital associated with the Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil?They have at least one paper out on hydrogen breath testing from that place for other issues. see http://www.omge.org/cgi-bin/evidence.pl?mo...wabs&absid=1636I only did the search in english so that probably reduces how many places I could findThe only difference between that paper, lactose intolerance, SIBO or any of the other things they do hydrogen breath testing for is what they make you drink, and how long they collect samples from you. If they have the ability to analyze the hydrogen in the breat they can do any of these tests.Antibiotics treat SIBO they do not cause it. Pimental has a book out, click the word books in the blue bar above and it is about the third or so book from the top as it is fairly new.K.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
You may be thinking of C.difficile issues where a bad bacteria can overgrow because too many other bacteria are dead.SIBO is when you aren't moving things right through the small intestine and that allows bacteria to grow in the small intestine when they should be pushed down into the colon.I don't think it matters what the state of the colon bacteria is, they don't check that, just see if you have bacteria living where they shouldn't be living and SIBO is treated with antibiotics to kill off the bacteria living where they should not be living.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.