Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any help out there would be appreciated! I am now on antibiotics for my 3rd bout of acute bronchitis in 9 months (zithromax)....i am also on a heavy duty cough med, an inhaler, just started birth control pills again to help with a ovarian cyst, and my usual anti depressant and xanax.....I feel like #### still and my stomach is beginning to go insane on me. Anyone have any ideas to help me get back on track after all these meds? i can't have yogurt (no dairy) and have tried several different forms of "gut bacteria" supplements but they just end up making me so nauseous I can't function. Oh and I don't smoke and have never had enviromental allergies or asthma...so the docs aren't sure where this is coming from...grrrr like they ever help!!thanks, Melissa

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry that you aren't feeling well. I don't know where the lung stuff is coming from. The long duration of the lung illness should have doctors looking deeper into what is going on. Have you been tested for C-diff?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry that you aren't feeling well. I don't know where the lung stuff is coming from. The long duration of the lung illness should have doctors looking deeper into what is going on. Have you been tested for C-diff?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh and probiotics never work for me either, are you nauseous all the time? My doctor ended up giving me a script of Phenergan for nausea. I also take Darvocet because it relieves my pain and has the added benefit of constipation. My life has been given back to me with just a few simple scripts. I hope you'll feel better soon.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh and probiotics never work for me either, are you nauseous all the time? My doctor ended up giving me a script of Phenergan for nausea. I also take Darvocet because it relieves my pain and has the added benefit of constipation. My life has been given back to me with just a few simple scripts. I hope you'll feel better soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope never tested for c-diff...and no not nasuseous all the time...just REALLY bad when i tried the different probioticsThx, Melissa

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope never tested for c-diff...and no not nasuseous all the time...just REALLY bad when i tried the different probioticsThx, Melissa

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
HiI don't have help on the IBS part except maybe plain old acidopilous - although maybe you already tried it. But on the lung infection - I went through this last fall. The Zithromax did nothing for me. That ws form my regular doc (no exam, over the phone). I laster saw the walk in doctor at the practice about a month later and he had me amoxicillin. He said that the zithromax isn't all that great for this although a lot of doctors use it for chest infections. It and the inhaler did seem to help. I spent the month prior wheezing, rattling and coughing. And missing a lot of work. Unfortunately, I did have have some IBS consequences with the amoxicillan but the lung problem cleared up.nancy

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
HiI don't have help on the IBS part except maybe plain old acidopilous - although maybe you already tried it. But on the lung infection - I went through this last fall. The Zithromax did nothing for me. That ws form my regular doc (no exam, over the phone). I laster saw the walk in doctor at the practice about a month later and he had me amoxicillin. He said that the zithromax isn't all that great for this although a lot of doctors use it for chest infections. It and the inhaler did seem to help. I spent the month prior wheezing, rattling and coughing. And missing a lot of work. Unfortunately, I did have have some IBS consequences with the amoxicillan but the lung problem cleared up.nancy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts