Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello - my boyfriend has been dealing with ibs for over 2 yrs now and we've found litlle relief for him. He's taken several meds that were suppose to help like paxil and lexapro. neither worked infact they exasperated the pain. he's now on mirlax and citricel twice a day along with percocet for the pain. This regeiment helps a little but, for most part he is miserible he hasn't worked in over two years. Who knew ibs could be so debelating. My question is has any one heard of the mind, body and digestion center in new york? we're trying to find someone who can provied some understanding of what he's going through along with releif. Another thing is has anyone heard of percocet or any other pain med taken for the abdominal pain?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Nomeg, I would recommend MBDC and they are up to date and current on IBS research and treatments.They also just wrote this. http://www.ibsgroup.org/cgi-local/ubbcgi/u...c&f=10&t=000854 also percocet is not a good thing to be taking for pain and IBS long term. For one long term use can cause narcotic bowel syndrome, which on top of IBS is really really bad.It can also cause consitpation.It can also lower pain thresholds in the gut with long term use.which is why most narcotics are not recommend in treating IBS.There are other more effective ways to fight pain in IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Nomeg, I would recommend MBDC and they are up to date and current on IBS research and treatments.They also just wrote this. http://www.ibsgroup.org/cgi-local/ubbcgi/u...c&f=10&t=000854 also percocet is not a good thing to be taking for pain and IBS long term. For one long term use can cause narcotic bowel syndrome, which on top of IBS is really really bad.It can also cause consitpation.It can also lower pain thresholds in the gut with long term use.which is why most narcotics are not recommend in treating IBS.There are other more effective ways to fight pain in IBS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.