Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess I have 2 questions. First of all, I have been on levsinex for a while, but I can only have a half of the dose for about 2 days before I get very dizzy and get bad headaches. I was recently started on LevBid, and today I've had a headache- could be allergies though. I also took Bentyl which for some reason made me nauseous. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this with their medicines and what medicines don't have those effects. My second question is- since antispasmodics, such as levsin, bentyl, etc. slow the digestive track down, does this result in weight gain? Well, thanks, and I hope to hear from you! ~Lisa~

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have been on levsin for quite a while and so has my daughter , we have both gained weight. since i have had to change the way i eat in the past 10 years or so i have went from 115 to 200. sigh i have ibs c . i have tried bentyl, carafate, nexuim zantac, tagamet,herbal remidies like peppermint plus, aloe vera juice ( that helps alot with constipation) but i also have peptic ulcers and diverticulitus. but levsin so far has been the best for cramps. although it does make you VERY tired. when my daughter takes it she ususaly falls alseep for a few hours. not fun when she has an attack at school. but they are very understanding about it all. they just let her sleep it off in the nurses room.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have been on levsin for quite a while and so has my daughter , we have both gained weight. since i have had to change the way i eat in the past 10 years or so i have went from 115 to 200. sigh i have ibs c . i have tried bentyl, carafate, nexuim zantac, tagamet,herbal remidies like peppermint plus, aloe vera juice ( that helps alot with constipation) but i also have peptic ulcers and diverticulitus. but levsin so far has been the best for cramps. although it does make you VERY tired. when my daughter takes it she ususaly falls alseep for a few hours. not fun when she has an attack at school. but they are very understanding about it all. they just let her sleep it off in the nurses room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.