Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first day I began taking acidophilus and was wondering if I will experience D for a couple of days until the acidophilus has had time to get thru my system? I am also taking calcium carbonate as well. Does anyone else take acidophilus who could shed some light on what to expect?ThanksLyric

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi! I've been taking it for years but I remember the first bottle I bought I was sure it made my D worse so I stopped it after a couple of days. Then I tried it again and it did the same thing. It only lasted for a week though and then I felt quite a bit better. It can also make you more gassy initially. Now I go through phases of taking it and sometimes skip it for a few months but that initial D hasn't come back. Hang in there, it does get better

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's interesting to read. I started taking it in the summer and got a bad bout, still suffering. Stopped taking the tablets as I wondered if they were to blame. Although I do have a new bottle I don't think I will chance it. I hadn't read anywhere before that they could have these effects so I was eager to try them.I know someone that completely got rid of all ibs problems after taking them for 3 months.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I tried acidaphillus tablets a couple weeks back and got the same result. I stopped taking them after 3 days. Now before I go to sleep I eat 1 yogurt that someone here reccomended. Think its called stoney farms? Much better result.Brett

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
It does stop after a bit but you also have to be careful not to take too much as it will definately loosen the bowels so maybe try a lesser strength one or don't take as many a day or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.