Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tomorrow's my sigmoidoscopy. I am recieving a general anesthetic. I am a bit nevous about that and the enema.
I'll let you know how it goes. If all goes well, I'll be in the chat room late tomorrow evening.Pray for me! Thanks!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi 123abc,Just wanted to wish you luck today with the sigmoidoscopy. It's good your dr has agreed to give the anesthetic. Sending my best thoughts,Fay

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi 123abc,Just wanted to wish you luck today with the sigmoidoscopy. It's good your dr has agreed to give the anesthetic. Sending my best thoughts,Fay

·
Registered
247 Posts
123abc,No prayers necessary. I've had two sigmoidoscopies, neither with an anasthetic, and they went fine. And I am a big baby when it comes to pain. See, the thing is, you have no nerve endings in your lower colon or the tract leading to it, so, even without anasthetic, you don't feel anything. All you feel is the sensation of air moving through you which was like cramping. In fact the nurse said to me, "Buddy, some of us women go through pain like that every month." That's a New York nurse for ya!They should be taking biopsies, so be prepared for a little spotty bleeding for the first few days, but it's nothing to worry about. It will only be on your stool and won't just be coming out on its own.Just relax, breathe, and you'll get through it just fine.

·
Registered
247 Posts
123abc,No prayers necessary. I've had two sigmoidoscopies, neither with an anasthetic, and they went fine. And I am a big baby when it comes to pain. See, the thing is, you have no nerve endings in your lower colon or the tract leading to it, so, even without anasthetic, you don't feel anything. All you feel is the sensation of air moving through you which was like cramping. In fact the nurse said to me, "Buddy, some of us women go through pain like that every month." That's a New York nurse for ya!They should be taking biopsies, so be prepared for a little spotty bleeding for the first few days, but it's nothing to worry about. It will only be on your stool and won't just be coming out on its own.Just relax, breathe, and you'll get through it just fine.

G

·
>Well, tomorrow's my sigmoidoscopy. I am recieving >a general anesthetic. I am a bit nevous. I'll let >you know how it goes. If all goes well, I'll be >in the chat room late tomorrow evening.If you're getting an anesthetic, then you're not getting a Sigmoid. They don't anesthetize you for that. They do for the colonoscopy, so maybe THAT'S the one you're getting.

G

·
>Well, tomorrow's my sigmoidoscopy. I am recieving >a general anesthetic. I am a bit nevous. I'll let >you know how it goes. If all goes well, I'll be >in the chat room late tomorrow evening.If you're getting an anesthetic, then you're not getting a Sigmoid. They don't anesthetize you for that. They do for the colonoscopy, so maybe THAT'S the one you're getting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts