Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a silly question but I have to ask...I noticed for that my farts (and I do have some, less than before but still present some of the days)...well...my farts don't smell like anything. I don't think I had 5 farts that actually had a bad smell so far. They're like air or something, even if this is not possible. Does anybody know why this could happen? And has it happened to any of you?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Generally people either have a lot of methane (odorless gas) producing bacteria or sulfur reducing bactera (lots of odor in the gas).You can't usually have high levels of both.Now pretty much everyone has bacteria that make hydrogen gas or carbon dioxide (both odorless) in addition to either the methane producing or the sulfur reducing. Some people just have the bacteria that make hydrogen gas and carbon dioxide.Sounds like you are either one that has neither or just the methane producing bacteria.This really isn't something odd or unusual. Just depends on what kinds of bacteria you have in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts