Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several posters had suggested a website called Drbob.com to get nutritional information about IBS. Since I have had a really hard time lately I decided to check it out. I sent him an email asking for info. His initial response was polite, informing me of an online digestive test, which I did poorly on. It then solicited a stool sample test for $500.00. I am posting my response to him and his subsequent VERY ugly remarks. I do not want anyone to have to go through this. I was shocked and saddened that someone that advertises "help" would be so ugly.=============================================(first email)Dear Debra:I've helped 100's of people with IBS via finding out what's wrong with their digestive system and treating them nutritionally. First, go to www.nutritionaltest.com and take the free subjective Digestive Test. If you score poorly, consider ordering the Comprehensive Digestive Test. And, please post this information on the IBS Message Board, so that others will benifit just like you!Healthy regardsDr. Bob Martin =============================================(my response)Thanks for your reply. I took the digestive test online and did very poorly. Unfortunately, I just cannot afford the comprehensive test. Is this something my doctor could do? I am not sure what to ask him. I have gotten so sick and am desperate. Thanks!=============================================(his response)Hello:Your suspect doctor wouldn't have a clue of how to analyze the data even ifhe did do the test. Further, unless he's board certified in ClinicalNutrition, he wouldn't know how to begin giving dietary and nutritionalrecommendations.My recommendation to you is...... borrow it or save your money-up and putthis test on the top of your priority list. Unless of course, you choose tocontinue to suffer! It's your choice. I'm at your service, when thecommitment to get well rises above all the other less important distractionclouding your judgement.SincerelyDr. Bob Martin=============================================(my response)Nothing is "clouding my judgement" sir and I do NOT appreciate your comments. I am on a fixed income and have many medical bills. I was simply looking for advice and information. I cannot recommend your site if you are this rude to people who are suffering physically AS WELL AS monetarily. =============================================(his nice reply)I knew it, you're a bottom feeder that probably spends most of your money onbooze, cigs and lottery tickets. You're no more interested in health thanClinton is in Hillary.You've waisted precious resources on medical drugs and unnecessaryprocedures. Now that something comes along that won't poison or mame you,you're uninterested. You'll never know how much you would havebenifited.....YOU LOSE ONCE AGAIN!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh my goodness! That is just plain wrong. What is wrong with this Dr.Bob person. He shouldn't be able to print those things. What a scam, everyone should read this post!------------------They don't call me an all terrain turtle for nothing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Dear God, I cannot believe he actually said these things. Thank you so much for posting this and letting everyone know what an educated idiot can do to us.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for posting this what a relief to know that Dr.Bob is a medical adviser who uses the car salesman technique to get you to spend your money. Hiat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate the warning. There's no limit to the things some people will do to get your money. Fortunately, there's also no limit to the things some of us will do to help and support each other.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE, AND LETS SEND HIM SOME E-MAIL,ALSO DR BOB YOU MAY WANT TO CLICK ON THIS LINK AND TURN YOURSELF IN, http://www.quackwatch.com/index.html Dr. Bob Martin is a nationally recognized expert in the field of health care. Since the seventies, his extensive contributions to the medical field include founding research organizations and health centers, lecturing across the country, writing for newspapers, and hosting talk shows. Dr. Bob Martin's impressive credentials include a chiropractic doctorate, a physician license in three states and training in the fields of medicine, nutrition, acupuncture, herbology, kinesiology, exercise therapy, and sports medicine. Dr. Bob Martin has hosted several radio talk shows in the seventies and eighties, "The All About Health Show" and "Health Talk" were highly successful shows in Colorado where they originated. He then moved to Arizona and is currently broadcasting "Health Talk" on 910 am KFYI in Phoenix. Next, Dr. Bob Martin took "Health Talk" to national syndication as a leading health talk show and established himself as a national alternative medicine and wellness expert. His syndicated program is heard nation wide, in Canada, and now internationally over the Internet! Additionally, Dr. Martin is a board certified Clinical Nutritionist (C.C.N.) and is board certified in Anti-Aging Medicine (A.B.A.A.H.P) http://drbobmartin.com/email.hts [This message has been edited by charlie (edited 02-15-2000).]

· Registered
1,329 Posts
I knew it, you're a bottom feeder that probably spends most of your money onbooze, cigs and lottery tickets. You're no more interested in health thanClinton is in Hillary.You've waisted precious resources on medical drugs and unnecessaryprocedures. Now that something comes along that won't poison or mame you,you're uninterested. You'll never know how much you would havebenifited.....YOU LOSE ONCE AGAIN!nice talk dr bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I live in Canada, and out here we get Dr.Bob's commercials on T.V all the time.He starts the commercial by announcing a new medical discovery, then he encourages people to go to his web site: www.askdrbob.com I have gone to his website for over a year now, and never have AI enountered Dr.Bob asking from monies of any kind.I was quite shocked when I read this post thread.I have to admitt, that if this is infact the truth of what happened, and I doubt that this person would lie about this, I would report Dr.Bob, ASAP!I am shocked! And I may e-mail him myself.------------------Jennifer L(Canadian Crohn's Message Board)www.insidetheweb.com/mbs.cgi/mb330438

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just found out that everyone here is referring to Dr.Bob as Dr.Bob...Please, next time, let's clarify WHICH Dr.Bob..I just about e-mailed Dr.Bob Lanier a hate letter that should have gone to Dr.Bob Martin.Thank-you------------------Jennifer L(Canadian Crohn's Message Board)www.insidetheweb.com/mbs.cgi/mb330438

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Here is my reponse to my email that I sent him about his bedside manner.Dee Please do, that way it will eliminate people looking for free chicken dinner offers. My time is feely given all day long to people who are serious about doing something about their health.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
People like that really piss me off. I can't believe he started out in Colorado. I'm now ashamed I live here. I hope we can get the word out and get this guy off the air and the internet.Thanks for passing all of this info on to us.Christine
Smile, It makes people wonder what you have been up to!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts