Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
boy this will turn a grown woman to tears. lower back pain, is this a common problem with IBS? anyone know? anyone know why it is? can anyone tell me anything about lower back pain and IBS, its really all i can do to sit here any type, sorry guys for seeming like a big baby, but the pain, is unreal, thanks guys huggs

·
Registered
459 Posts
leighsa,Lower back pain is common with my IBS.I have IBS D with GERD and MSG sensitivity.The pain usually acts up when I have strayed from my IBS Diet, but not always.Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere, to make things interesting!
I know how painful it can be.Maybe a hot bath, or a hot water bottle on the painful areas might help?Take care . . . from Lexi

·
Registered
153 Posts
i just want you to know i'm thinking about you. i hope it gets better soon. i don't get lower back pain, just upper. i'm on buscopan and naprosen for it. i'm not entirely sure waht would help, but i like the bath idea. i hope you feel better soon.karen

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi! I suffer from severe IBS c/d. I get lower back pains constantly. I have them when I'm constipated and when I have just finished having the runs. I find any kind of heat helps. Hot baths, hot water bottles, heating pads and even my husband's warm hand. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I have never drawn a cause and effect lesson from this; however, this is very interesting. Back in the late 90s when I had active d I also had sacroilliac problems. My chiropractor said my discs were about 10 years more deteriorated than my calendar years would suggest. IBS has been under control for four years and I have not been to see the chiro in two years--and only very seldom even then.Hm-m-m.Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.