Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know if anyone has had skin problems with ibs-d in the personal areas. i know that i have has the problem when my ibs-d acts up and the skin in my delicate areas really "pay". i have used vaseline,bacatraction,hydrocrotisone with alo and anti-itch. i have recently got lotrisone from my dr. for some of the relief from burning and itching (i had went to my dr cuz the pain was sooo bad, he even said it looked like a first degree sunburn)! does anyone have the same problem and any other skin remedys that may relieve these skin problems without perscriptions!?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yep. Every time I get sick, I have D so much that I get like a diaper rash (w/o the diaper). It's awful. Sorry I can't recommend anything, I use what you've mentioned, but I can at least sympathize!
, Marriah

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yep. Every time I get sick, I have D so much that I get like a diaper rash (w/o the diaper). It's awful. Sorry I can't recommend anything, I use what you've mentioned, but I can at least sympathize!
, Marriah

·
Registered
563 Posts
You bet. A couple of weeks ago the skin there hurt so much I could hardly walk for awhile. I tried some hemorrhoidal ointment overnight, but I think Vaseline would have done about the same. I think hydrocortisone cream works a little better. The best thing I can do, though is take enough Immodium to give it a rest.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You bet. A couple of weeks ago the skin there hurt so much I could hardly walk for awhile. I tried some hemorrhoidal ointment overnight, but I think Vaseline would have done about the same. I think hydrocortisone cream works a little better. The best thing I can do, though is take enough Immodium to give it a rest.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, i thought the only thing that would help is to give things a rest! ya know, there is nothing over the counter that really helps us, the "afflicted"! i've also tried a cream lanolyn, but you can't find it just anywhere, my gyno recommended it to me after having my last child cuz, t
he soreness was soooo bad!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, i thought the only thing that would help is to give things a rest! ya know, there is nothing over the counter that really helps us, the "afflicted"! i've also tried a cream lanolyn, but you can't find it just anywhere, my gyno recommended it to me after having my last child cuz, t
he soreness was soooo bad!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.