Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of the posts talk of leg problems while constipated - heavy or weak, shaky, etc. This has been a huge problem for me, to the point where pains in my calf muscles have become a warning sign of gut problems. I've been taking lactulose, 3 x 5ml teaspoons at night, and this has had some effect on the constipation but it wasn't a complete solution – I was still getting short bouts of leg pains at different times of the day. I considered whether the link between the gut and the leg might well be some sort of irritated nerves related to the gut and that adding water to the gut wouldn't be enough to keep the stools from coming in contact with the gut walls. I figured that Slippery Elm would create a physical barrier between my colon and its contents and it certainly works.I take a heaped teaspoon of powder mixed with a glass of juice (I have tried water once but the taste was unpleasant, I can tolerate juice and the mixture tastes great!). I take it 4 times a day without food (that's probably more than the suggested dose but taking less doesn't work for me).Everyone's different, especially me (lots more to sort out) but there might be something of use in here for anyone else. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.