Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you people out there who have slow transit, or know anything about it, what do you eat? I know fiber is bad, so did the doctors give you a specific regime to follow? What about water, laxative use? Thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes I am slow transit. The only thing give me relief is magnesium citrates.Fibers cause me extreme pain on the lower left side.Too much water cause me extreme pain because I get depleted of minerals and specially calcium.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
The more water the better, it gets things moving. I am so shocked at the lack of basic information out there. I have IBS yet so do many of my clients and one of the biggest relievers is to drink about 1/2 - 1 gallon of water a day. Also, have you tried psyllium ? A natural fiber that cleans you out. I loved Citracel before finding Primal Defense.....thats by Garden of Life and it's the best so far. Take a few scoops before bed (or the capsules ) and you will be cleaned out by morning with no bloating or cramping. I know how you feel about grabbing a laxative, and that cleand out feeling is great, yet do it naturally, eat lots of well cooked vegetables, dont' eat dairy or wheat products and keep your meals really small yet frequent. Try some of those things above and write back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.