Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
HI sickofsick - Yep, Mike is just about done with them - he is recording the last bits today. As soon as they are available, I will post it as I know a lot of people have been asking about it!He is hoping to have them out within the next month or two - pending packaging, duplication, etc.Will keep ya posted when it comes out and where to get the info on it
Take care!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I was going to ask the same question about this subject. My wife ordered a hypno tape from Amazon.com from a lady(can't remember her name) and a book that has helped the movie stars stop smoking by Allen Someone,can't remember his last name either.LOL If I knew Mike was coming out with this tape, I would have waited for his!!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've just finished reading the book by Allen Carr "Easy way to stop smoking". Very different approach but it does make you think! Hopefully I'm getting my brain ready to quit. I too got mine from Amazon but there are loads on ebay!

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Just talked to Mike - he is aware of the Allen Carr book - he's very big in the UK. I looked on his site and it does seem very good. Hey, the main thing is to get whatever help you need to quite smoking - and if it helps you, then it doesn't matter whose program you use - I am sure there are other great options out there.Mike is an ex-smoker too, started at age 14 I think he said, and he quit when his first son was born - in the early 80's - so he has a very good handle on it personally too ( he's around your age, Brett.)So no worries, - just do what you need to do, hon! xxBut for those still interested, I will keep you posted; he says his patients have done great with it, so another good option coming forth.Best wishes for success to everyone, no matter which road ya take!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I did not realize how many people have gotten relief from these tapes. I thought there were a handful and that was it, so this makes me more hopeful that they will work. This is great!! Pear, my brother bought Carr's tape 2 days ago and hasn't smoking so far... I'm looking forward to the hypno tapes for smoking. I hope her voice isn't as calming as Mike's... Don't need any more sleep. My and DH are smoking 3 cartons a week at $55 bucks a carton, approx $660 bucks a month on cancer sticks. $8580 per year. That's just nuts
Marilyn, do you have a head count of number of peeps that these tapes have worked for?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
No thanks Brett. While it wasn't as bad as I was scared it would be I'm not willing to go through it again! Does this mean your quitting now or is it your wife who's quitting?

·
Registered
984 Posts
My cut off date for trying to give up the ciggies is in around 2 weeks time. Maybe we can try this together Brett? In the past I've tried, gum, patches, went to see a hypnotherapist - that was good, relaxing but still smoked! I liked the gum but felt I could addicted to that! According to this Allen Carr's book you are better off not using nicotine replacements.Here's a really bad confession from me - I tend to smoke a lot when I'm on the computer. Somehow the end has fallen off my ciggie and has burnt two of my keyboard keys - think that's a warning?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Peardrops, I know exactly what you mean about smoking while at the computer. I started to keep my ciggies in another room to eliminate those you have without even thinking about them. You would be suprized how many cigs you can go without just by making them a little harder to reach.I'm waiting for Mike's new tapes to come out before I try quiting. I don't think I could do it on my own like Amy did. My wife would probably kill me before I got over the worst of it.Congrats Amy and good luck to the rest of us for a smoke free, IBS free future!Robby

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Her name is Marietta Amy, and Thanks for the support. Yeah, I can't wait!That sounds like fun Pear, if mine come in time. They gave us a 4 to 6 week wait time, and it's been almost a week. We'll see how it goes. I guess if you are burning your keyboard it has to be a sign. What would you do without your PC?
Pretty soon, No more ciggies and no more D for all of us!
But for now...

·
Registered
984 Posts
LOL Brett - I didn't even notice the burning until I smelt it and by then it had melted two keys! I've got to finish the tobacco I've got which should run out in about 9 days time - don't want to waste it do I? I think we will have to start a "pear & brett go mad topic"

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Hey Brett, ya might want to email Mike and ask him if you can do two different hypno programs at the same time! I am not sure, but something in the back of my minds says that it might be a good idea - just to make sure!Happy puffs-away, you two! xx

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.