Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so whats the deal with that? does smoking have ANY effect on the stomach I would be willing to quit after smoking alot of years if that would get rid of itI want lots of input , please help

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well you definitely should quit smoking!! Of course quitting smoking was the start of my IBS but guess what I'm not sorry I stopped. My husband didn't stop in time and he has emphysema watching him try to breathe I must admit I'd rather have IBS------------------�� wherever you go there you are

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am really sorry about your husband. My grandmother had ephazima and recently died from stroke from smoking.I am working on it believe me,I just want to know if I did would my stomach be betterdo you have any clue on why you got ibs after you quit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Smoking or not smoking has never had any effect - negative or positive - om my IBS symptoms. I've never experienced any link . . .Ama

G

·
I know..I KNOW...smoking aggrivates my cramps and D, but, you know, I still can't seem to quit. I can feel the cramps creeping up as I'm sitting there puffing away. I definately cut down when my IBS is acting up. I will quit..I will, I will, I will.

G

·
kbaylor,I'm exactly the same way! If I'm crampping and I take a puff, the cramps get worse. I pretty much quit (finally) I only smoke when I'm out drinkng with friends. It was weird, just one day all of a sudden I decided that I couldn't smoke anymore and all of a suddend became unaddicted to them! I've been smoking for 7 years (since 14), so that's amazing!------------------Michelle

G

·
I smoke,my Dr. asked me when I went in for ibs if I smoked,he didn't say anything about smoking,he seemed more interested in how much coffee and soda that I consumed,also how much fiber I was eating. I take a cigarette in the bathroom with me,becuse I think about smoking and not the ibs attack. I quit smoking for 1 year and it did not take the ibs out of my life,I still had all the aggravation. Plus I know several people with ibs and most all of them DO NOT SMOKE.I know I should quit for obvious reasons,but it does not,change symptoms of ibs.Good Luck.....jonna

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the input,I just couldnt figuire out if the cigs where the cause of all these problems.sometimes when I have a cig in the morning i end up running to the bathroom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts