Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS for about 4-5 years now. I have visited so many different doctors, dieticians, and therapists and I still don't feel well. I Follow the fodmap diet which did help my symptoms but I don't understand my flare ups. I do have generalized anxiety disorder and I am on mood stabilizers for that. I notice that my symptoms seem to be the worst in the morning when I need to use the bathroom. Somedays I feel like I can't get to the bathroom quick enough only to find out I can only go a small amount. Other mornings I go a normal amount but still keep going small amounts after its like I feel like I'm never done. It's very frustrating and I find myself having to call out of work more and more often. If anyone has any advice or suggestions I am open to anything. I currently take mood stabilizer, medication for hypothyroidism, birth control, and a probiotic. Please help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi I'm also the worst in the mornings. Early work meetings are the worst!

Have you kept a food diary and symptom tracker? I'd try that. Also getting tested for SIBO can be helpful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response! I have done good diaries and I know it's not the good I eat. I'm not sure of I've ever been tested for what you mentioned (I've had so many tests done with my GI doctor that I've lost track) do you know how that is done??

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think I've interpreted correctly; you don't sound like you have ibs-c, but rather, "d". I've been using diarsoothe. It stops the cramping sensation, and calms the bowel down. I've known intense colon spasms, where I am bent over walking, even. Diarsoothe is what it says, and stops diarrhea, and all the horrid pains that accompany. Hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input happymommy. I appreciate that. I'm surprised that you say ibs-d. When I use the bathroom it is always well formed but I do always have a feeling that I should have to go more. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't but it is never like diahrea. This is what makes me think it's more ibs-c. Would you still say ibs-d even though it's always well formed? (Sorry for the details!)

·
Registered
30 Posts
SIBO is tested with a hydrogen and methane breath test. You need to eat a special diet for a couple days and then fast for 12 hours, drink a test liquid, and then blow into a tube every 20 minutes for 3-4 hours. It's not too bad but I did get very hungry. My insurance covered it.

I recommend googling SIBO and seeing if your symptoms match.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh yes I have had that done before and it did come back negative as did all other tests I have had done. Although I am grateful for that it still leaves me with so many questions...
Thank you again for your response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts