Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feelso embaressed asking this question but how do you know if theres blood in your stool? Because I think I read someones posting on here awhile ago that said theres a difference between blood IN and blood ON it. How do you know? The first time it happened it freaked out and called my doctor(colon rectel surgen) and he seemed to think it wasn't a big deal, and told me to come in at my regular appt. date. its now happened more than once and I'm realy stressed about it. so any help anyone can give would realy be appreciated. thank you...

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm not an expert, just a fellow IBS sufferer, but from what I have read...Dark blood (usually symbolized by dark, black tarry stools) signifies that you are bleeding higher up in the intestines and could signal ulcerative colitis or crohns disease or diverticultis . If it is red blood then chances are that you either have an internal or external hemmroid or a possible anal fissure.Either way I am only stating from what I read...but if blood is present you should probably go to the doctor to be sure.No need to be embarased. We talk about all sorts of things here. You are among common sufferers. No embarrassment required
Good luck to you :love:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts