Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was supposed to be my 1st day back at work today..after basically 3 months of trying to figure this IBS out, having a kidney stone attack and my grandpa dying etc... And here I sit...I relaxed all Long Weekdend, didn't even stir to do laundry...I got up early, had my apple juice right away, my tea after the shower to relax...did my hair (hey it even looks good!), did the makeup....had my "power clothes" picked out last night (even de-cat furred!!)...I actually don't look that bad today....and then it struck....ZOOOOMMMMMM!!!! To the "throne" to give my sacrifice to the "porceline god" (I'm getting to the point now that virgins would be preferred over this!!) Not only that but I think I am having a partial panic attack...I'm drenched in sweat, having problems breathing and have the shakes. (You know they should really think about putting phone jacks in the bathroom...that way a laptop could be installed...)I am so angry at my "betrayal" of my body right now. My company said that I was rejected for my last leave request, found out on Friday that the appeal I did was denied so I have to pay back a week's worth of work to them.. I know this is likely stress...and the more I try to relax the worse it will be...I'm still hoping for noon to go in...but DAMN!!! This is so aggarvating when my mind wants to be there...was looking forward to it...and now dammit, my mascara is running...Thanks for listening to me rant. At least I have a docs appn't this morning anyways. I guess that will be my silver lining.

G

·
Auroraheart - sorry to hear your troubles continue. Somehow saying "hang in there" doesn't seem like it would help.

G

·
Auroraheart,How did it go? Did you make it into work? It's just not fair, is it?
Did the doc's appointment help at all?{{{{Hugs}}}}Fiona

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It helped in that my doctor is fighting for me now...he's dealing with the "powers that be" now..put me in a difficult spot b/c I work there....and I also just got "the call"....it was basically said that if I am not at work tomorrow I may not have a job. (I'm on "unauthorized leave") The meds today stopped the D (yeah!!) but I have been in a detached state and waking up in the bathroom nauseated. (one of the side effects) I have another doctor's appn't tomorrow before work. I understand my work's view...but I hate being compared to "well the rest of the employees who have IBS" statements. Maybe it's a good thing I am kind of out of it right now, the stress of possibly losing my job isn't hitting me as strong yet. Okay, never mind, it just hit....

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sounds like you did all you could to be ready for work. Maybe get up a little earlier tomorrow. If I have a morning appt. I watch what I eat the day before very carefully and get up extra eary in case of problems. Concentrate on the GOOD reasons for going back to work - seeing friends, more money, etc. Glad to hear your doctor is fighting for you! Hope you get to work OK tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is SSI? I got up today 2 hours before I had to...but I REALLY need this job (it pays for than double minimum wage, I LOVE it, and I can move up with it) so I will get up even earlier to save this job. I wish I wasn't so sensitive to the meds! I think if my team leader didn't like me, I would have been turfed today.I am so sorry for being so down right now..I don't want to drag anyone down with me. Thanks for being there. Now I have to call my parents and hope they don't get too upset.

G

·
Auroheart i know how you feel, i was off work for three month too, with ibs d and i went back 3 weeks ago and so far there hasn't been a problem. I cut my hours in half from what they were before, only 4 hours a day, 7 - 11 in the morning, i'm hurting for money right now but at least i have my sanity. Is there anyway you can cut your hours back. I hope you feel better!!Amanda

·
Registered
419 Posts
I wish I knew the e-mail address of your HR department! I'd send them a link to this board so they can see what you're going through!It just is not fair! Hope you feel better tonight though
And don't worry about *bringing us down*. We're all here for you -- vent as much as you like
Fiona

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Aurora - could the apple juice be the culprit? I ask because I cannot handle fruit of any kind - goes right through. I've had this problem from way back.I hope you get the work situation straightened out.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am a bit better now, I talked to my Mom and she was really good. I thought she'd be freaked out...turns out she has bought a whole bunch of books on IBS to help me. And my Dad even had some tips on the whole work thing. I don't like to worry them, but it was nice they were there.I'm trying to go with the "everything happens for a reason" thing right now. Can't worry about tomorrow til it comes...Amanda, is there anything else you did to prepare you for going back to work? Or anything they did that helped you that I could suggest to my work?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think the apple juice is the culprit, I can generally have that and pears. But maybe b.c it is "that time" I am more sensitive> I think someone said that the hormonal changes can cause those triggers.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hi. I feel so bad for you. I know what you are going thru....10 years ago I had all kinds of health problems flare up, my IBS, a herniated lumbar disk....my employer was so unsympathetic....I eventually lost my job, they fired me (even tho I had doctor excuses and a medical leave). But, then, the company laid off tons of people and shut down my department, so, I guess it was just as well. It made me go back to school though, so I guess some good can come from the bad.I hope things get better for you, it sounds as if you really love your job (I really didn't love the job I had 10 years ago). Maybe your doctor could send your employer a letter explaining your recent IBS attack and that you can't help it.... Where I worked we had a short-term leave, as well as a long-term leave....also, there is something called the Family Medical Leave Act that (I think) ALL employers must abide by. Just a few suggestions for you.Renee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts