Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has found anything to ease pain in the stomach and low pelvic area.I am in pain most days and its making me so miserable.I have tried,antispasmodics,antidepressants,tens machine,paracetamol and a whole load of others as well as many alternative/holistic treatments to.I feel there has got to be something to ease it,but what?I have a problem with emptying my bowels properly,BM always soft but i strain to pass,so that does not help me either,medicines for that to, did not help.I really dont know what i can do,i would appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Have you tried heat patches?? I found they are great when I can't be using a heating pad. That's just one thing in my pain management arsenal.Nothing.. and I mean nothing.. (including narcotics) helped me manage my IBS pain like this did: http://www.healthyaudio.com/content/ibs?r=VmPRrcNkI also use relaxation techniques.. watch my breathing..use distraction...calming music etc. Pain is hard for me too.. If I had to pick between pain or D.... I'd pick D every time. Pain kinda colors one's whole personality... very tough to deal with. But I swear to you.. that program saved me. I can't explain HOW it did it.. but it did.See the CBT/Hypnotherapy Forum for more info.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried heat patches and i do yoga when/if i can.Love music to.Really am trying everything!Have tried Hypnotherapy quite a few times,paying privately for it,but it did not help.I have read on this forum that the Audio CD's have helped some.Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts