Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in so much pain right now! I've been having almost unbearable cramps for three days now with little let up. In fact they were so bad on Sunday i spent my afternoon on the phone to doctors, nurses and in and out of hospitals because they thought i might have an appendicitis.I've been prescribed Mebeverine again but it doesn't seem to be doing anything (yet, maybe i'm just not patient enough but i'm sick of medications), i hate this, i hate how it's wrecking my holiday, my social life and my love life, i can barely sleepAnd i hate this..thing, i hate it's name and how i don't want to say it because people think it's no big deal and that it just makes you a bit bloated if you eat too much, i hate that because it has bowel in the name no one wants to talk about it. I'm just so angry and so tired of this.I'm sorry for all the ranting and i'm sorry that you guys have to read this, it's just you're the only one's that understand thisKat xx

·
Registered
184 Posts
Katters279,I'm sorry for your pain. I hope and pray you start feeling better really soon. I understand the way you feel, felt that way myself many times. I don't take medication, but isn't easy. Only my strong faith in God keeps me going and not giving up. Are you IBS C or D? I'm C and have to eat a high IF diet, lots of water and exercise everyday. I'm still having lots of tests done from my GI doc and Naturopath doc.It does affect your entire life, but try to stay positive, expect better days and keep a good attitude as much as you can.God bless,Abi

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really feel for you Kat. It really is a horrible illness - i'm sick of people who think it's 'no big deal', people are so ignorant. I myself only take fiber supplements to try and control my ibs so I have no real advice on treatments. But have a rant whenever you need to - we all understand what you are going through! That is why this forum is my lifeline. I will be praying that you get through this attack soon. Take care,Sarah x

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi ya. i am so sorry that your having a rough time with it at the moment. I know what you mean, its hard enough to cope with the IBS and how it can affect your life but when you feel that no one understands it makes you feel worse and that your making a mountain out of a mole hill but anyone with ibs will know and should understand how distressing it can be. i get a lot of pain if i eat during the day and has got to the stage i don't want to eat. maybe try eating little meals of a bowl of soup. i find the pain isn't as bad if i eat soup. hang in there, your true friends and important people in your life should understand and give you the support you need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can sympathize with you totally. I live my life in pain. I have a hard time making it through a work day even. Sometimes it's so severe I just double up and cry. You just have to enjoy life to the fullest when you don't have pain. Which maybe seldom like mine just stay positive or it will control your life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.