Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So, I'm a 16 year old struggling. I'll explain quickly a bit about myself -- I am barely 16, very tall, very slender, and with a nutritionist mother.

On the first days of October, things started to go downhill for me. My intestines just started to screw up. I had this urgency to go to the bathroom but when I did, nothing! The only thing that got my bowels moving was cardio, and it was just a short lived relief. The moment I ate and digestion began, I felt the same urgency. My symptoms these months:

- Alternating constipation/diarrhea

- Urgency to go

- Occasional abdominal pain

- Pushing to get a BM

- Flatulence

- Feeling I did not empty completely my bowels

So throughout the month I started to exercise a lot -- something I had not done for a full year. I ate more fruits, incorporated yogurt and drank a lot of water. I got better. There were a few bad days, but mostly, being in school with friends and trying to live more healthily got me better. But then, vacations arrived. (I have a different school schedule -- February-November) While it's true I began to eat a lot more of chocolate, fried foods, brownies, milk, I thought I would feel better after school's stress. But no! I had almost gotten a normal life, and then it got worse?! Why?

Please, I need help. To say I'm scared is an understatement -- I'm terrified. Could this be cancer? I am so scared that it's cancer, but my parents say I'm being paranoid because we're generally a cancer free family. Still, I could be the exception that makes the rule. Please help me, I'm so scared I'll die. I'm just a kid...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.