Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment i feel totally exhausted, lethargic, just like a zombie.I have spent half the day sleeping in front of the tv, does anyone else feel like this? Im not sure if its my meds, but having been on them for 6 months+ i doubt if they are the problem..any help would be appreciated,thanks

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Oh Joolie (((HUGS))) - yep, I get that way sometimes - whenever folks deal with a lot of stress, it can deplete you very quickly.Meds can be a factor - but what I do is I try to go outside and get natural light - even if it is for a few minutes - and do nothing but look at the surroundings. At night, I listen to music and that lifts my spirits and energy level.Living with a chronic disorder such as IBS can certainly be a factor - add that to the stressors of everyday life, and not so everyday stressors, and it can really add to that feeling of lethargy and depletion. I also take a supplemental vitamin, or a protein shake - or sometime just have a Coke ! and that helps me as well ... sometimes I try to move a bit to music, a bit of physical motion helps - even just a few minutes can turn it around.btw, just have to say - today's my birthday - my friends are having a little dinner party tonight - even my two kids are coming - I take every little fun thing I can to help me through life...Hang in there Joolie - (((((HUGS)))) to you, hon!Ta, Marilyn

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to you marilyn have a great time hope you have a lovely time...i am sitting here and its so hard to try and keep my eyes open, i feel like the living dead
i love listening to music ohmigod if i had on music just now i think id be lying here snoring my head off

·
Registered
134 Posts
JoolieI know exactly how you feel. A couple of months ago my doc put me on a couple of meds for my high blood pressure and they just knocked me out. They helped my blood pressure alot but I could not sleep at night, could not stay awake during the day, had NO appetite and lost 25 pounds. I would crawl out of bed into a chair in front of the tv and stay there until it was time to crawl back to bed. This went on for 2 months before I could get my doc to take me off those meds and try something else.MarilynHAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!and thank you and Mike for his CDs, I start session 3 tomorrow but I am already fealing better. Symptoms have not gone yet but my BMs are changing a little bit for the better and I just simply feel good about myself. In fact I just got back from shopping with my wife, I was a little edgy a couple of times but all in all it was not a bad trip.Robby

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks robby, i just have no energy, i didnt sleep in my bed last night, i fell asleep on the sofa for 3 hrs, woke up, for a wee while,then fell asleep and didnt waken up till 11am, J is very tired too, hes falling asleep at every oppurtunity..I wonder if its old age?
ohmigod i hope not im only 43 and i feel like 93

·
Banned
415 Posts
Hey joolie,sorry hun, have no advice for ya as going through exactly the same thing, as you know, except i couldn't sleep more than 2 hours if i wanted to!! Getting a bit better but does not help when you have 5 foot 6 of snoring hulk sleeping next to you!!!I hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep those spirits up, just in case you are coming down with a cold or sommat.Take care you!!Happy b'day Marilyn!!!Have a great time, and if ya can eat it and drink it, have a couple for me!!! Best wishes for the year ahead!!!Lisa

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks lisa, ill ask my doc next time i see her, cant go on like this, my body clock is all to pot, no routine whatsoever, i try to stay awake but i cant the urge to sleep is just to strong.

·
Registered
557 Posts
hi, i am having a day like that today, been bad with what i am assuming is IBS related recently so i am also assuming that is why ive felt so tired today, i had to force myself not to go to sleep this afternoon. isnt that a symptom of constipation though too? could be wrong like but i thought it was.happy birthday marilyn

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
I'm also tired from the bacterias war inside my bowel.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Yes but not for the same reason.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Perhaps Jim exhaust you in bed?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Seriously,if your body tried to repair gut cells,maybe it drain you out!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.