Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had much soda since I came back to college. (Less than 4 small glasses in a week.) Soda has always made me feel gassy, but tonight I was craving some, so I went down to the store and got a Pepsi. Within 15 minutes of drinking half the bottle (about 10 oz.) I had to bolt for the bathroom. This really hasn't happened to me before. Why would it make me have D when it really hasn't before? And was it actually the soda? Or was it something else I ate? 15 min. seems like a very short time for anything to go through my system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Soda has the effect on me also. I have learned to just ignor it. Its only gas. sorry to say, but you can have a little fun with this. If you let one go silentley in a room full of people, and it really smells, noone knows who it is!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
General rule, don't drink soda if you have IBS.You can have d 15 minutes after eating from the "act of eating" and an alter gastro colonic responce and IBS. Eating basically triggers the stomach to signal the colon to make room and dispell its contents and in IBS the lower colon overreacts and this causes d.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.