Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there get D from eating soft pretzels with mustard? Like clockwork, in a matter of 15 minutes or so, I better be near a bathroom!! Could it be the mustard? I have never eaten one without mustard. Perhaps I should experiment and try.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mimi,I think the problem is why in the world would you have a plain pretzel with mustard when you could have one with cinnamon and suger????Sorry, other than that, I don't have an answer.Nanci

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mimi,You may look into allergies, like to wheat. I know a lot of other IBS sufferers have allergies to certain foods that make their IBS worse. You may want to look on the general IBS discussion area. Or, the spices in the mustard may be causing you problems. Just a thought! Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
oh my! I thought I was the only one with this problem!! I am allergic to dairy and I know for certain there is no dairy in soft pretzels or mustard. But the weirdest thing is, I don't get sick from hard pretzels (they actually help my stomach) or mustard alone. Only this combo does me in! And it is the worst, bc it is really the only thing I am not allergic to at sports events and the movies (I can't digest popcorn well either). Glad I'm not the only one though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone out there get D from eating soft pretzels with mustard? Like clockwork, in a matter of 15 minutes or so, I better be near a bathroom!! Could it be the mustard? I have never eaten one without mustard. Perhaps I should experiment and try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never got the runs from a soft pretzel until recently. I put a huge amount of horseradish/deli mustard on it, very late at night and woke up in the morning with the runs. For about five hours.

I "usually" have no problem with deli cheeses.
But, soft, liquidy cheeses, and any lactose that's liquid including frozen liquids... milk, ice cream, etc.... OMg!! Not good.

That's why I love Lactaid. They are saving my love affair with dairy. ;)

Anywho, I love to put one thin layer of Cooper Sharp cheese on my soft pretzel and put it in the toaster oven. That doesn't bother me, but that mustard went in the trash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts