Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time on this site. I am so glad that I found this site, it helps to know that I am not alone. I am 59 years old woman and have had this problem since I was 42. I also have other problems, some that are a result from taking medications for the IBS. I have now just started my fourth medication. I now need four monthly medications where 17 years ago I was not on any medications. This is really hurting my pocketbook since I'm supporting myself. My question is how do you handle having no social life? I am so afraid to go out and I would love to start dating again. Since my children are all grown and on their own now my life is very lonely. Also, with my job, I was told the other day that we will be making some agency visits in the fall. I just may lose my job because I will not go on these visits. The one way I deal with this problem is to not eat until I get home at night. On the agency visits all you do is eat out. I am glad to see that this also effects men. I thought it only effected women. No one man that I have met would understand this problem. I was seeing someone for about three months. I told him first thing about this problem but it never acted up until the last time we went out. I haven't heard from him since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gas, bloating, pain, IBS (diarrhea & constipation), fibromyalgia, reflux disease, diverticultis, overactive bladder. It could be any one of these or all of them at the same time. There is not a day that goes by that I do not have a problem. Sometimes it is so little that I'm the only one that knows that anything is happening, but then there are times that I'm so bad that I don't want to leave the house. The hard part is that I never know IF its going to happen so therefore I stay home a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts