Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have normal looking, formed stools that rapidly progress to absolute water within the same bowel movement? I'm guessing whatever it is that makes the colon/bowel go crazy just wants to expel everything, including old stool and whatever you've just eaten/drank. There are rare occasions when I actually have a semi-normal bowel movement - but even then, I know diarrhea can't be far behind...(can we ever escape these darn poopy-related puns????).It just seem that once my bowels are in the 'go' mode, they have to keep going. They're either ON or OFF!

·
Registered
584 Posts
That is very common. There was a pic on this site before that explained it, but it is common. A spastic colon will hold on to (for a lack of better wording) the solid portion, while the liquid builds up behind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gosh, can I relate to that solid to liquid thing going on. Such was my morning just today. I then take the liquid imodium and then get on the bus to go to work. It gets even more annoying because I then get body aches, a headache and overall indigestion feeling the rest of the day.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I happens to me all the time. Just when you think you are fine with a normal BM, the spasms and minor cramping starts and there goes the "D". Im stuck on the bowl sometimes a 1/2 hr at a time because I cant tell if there is more or not. Strange instablity problem. Also a 48 year old colon is different than a 20 year old one. If anyone can find that old post, it would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Me too, have it allot

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can totally understand. I get this all the time. I agree with some of the other respondents. It seems like a the "normal" stool is blocking the liquid. Once it comes out, then I can go to total liquid, and the spasms begin.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I, too, am in the same boat. I consider my first BM the "corkscrew"-holding everything in. After that the loose, small stools follow. I have learned not to be fooled by my first BM because after that it always turns to D or loose stools.I always wondered if it was just me-guess not.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just another thought regarding the solid to liquid. Does anyone have trouble going on the weekends where you may sleep a little longer than during a work day? This happens to me often. At least one day I feel like I have to go all day but can't-then the next day it is always bad cramping and D. Its as if my bowels get too relaxed and hold everything in. It sucks when its time to go out and I still haven't gone.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I was having that happen all the time....I started taking a probiotic 2 days ago and now...after 3 years of chronic D...solid stools....I am not used to this and my H problem feels like I am being ripped to shreds....I still went 8 times today all solid and weird...I posted the probiotic I started taking on the UC part if the BB....any info would be greatly appreciated....I am amazed I had dinner and had no BM for the last 5 hours I am amazed.....Mary::
))

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had that same problem every time I had loose or watery stool. I tried immodium, the calcium that is so popular with this site. None worked. Calcium probably more applies to those who got GB removed. I then tried activia and other probiotic yogurt, and they kind of worked. Now I had more normal bowel movement than before about once or twice Diarrhea per two weeks. It used to be twice or three times a week.I think another factor is how we psychologically deal with it. Any good ideas. I am trying self-massage, meditation, and Taiji.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This sounds like me about half the time; the other half is just liquid. And, yes, once I start going, I tend to be on the toilet forever and a day. Sorry, I don't have any advice, other than to say that the same thing happens to me.Becky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.