Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Heather I'm so happy you are here when I have questions like this. You are the only person i have trust in. Since doctors seems to be missed informed about the whole fiber thing. Anyway I've had a relapse in the last 3 weeks. With no diet or exercise change. So I wanted to try something different. In Regina, Sk where I live all they have is Metamucil for soluble fiber supplements. I can't take too much or i have gas. We do not have fibercon. I went to a health food store and bought tablets called Fibre One Swiss Natural Sources. The ingredients are 1185mg of fibre cellulose, Oat Bran, Carrot Powder, Grapefruit fibre, Orange Fibre, Apple Pectin, and Acerola Fibre. Also contains Magnesium Stearate and Di Calcium Phosphate. This sounds like it is safe to take and a soluble fibre supplement. I wanted to see what you have to say before I start taking the tablets. Thank you so much for all your help. Trisha

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Trisha - It just drives me nuts that it is so hard for people outside the US to find soluble fiber supplements that aren't psyllium. The brand you've found is high in cellulose, and that's actually insoluble fiber. The fact that it's so highly processed it's in a pill form will likely make it much more tolerable, but it's still not the very best idea.I'm actually in the middle of trying to get a soluble fiber supplement available for people who can't find them locally, but I won't have everything ready for another month or so. Until then you can check www.medichest.com as they'll ship any US supplement to Canada. Actually, you can see a whole string of posts on this exact topic and get feedback from other Canadians and what they've found for options here http://www.ibsboards.com/ubbthreads/postli...Cat=&Board=diet Do a board search for "canada soluble fiber" with no time restrictions.Best,HeatherBest,Heather

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.