Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I don't know of anything specific just for noise.Noise isn't something that occurs by itself for no reason.Everyone's colon always makes some noise all the time, and a complete obstruction needing medical attention isn't recommended to ensure it is perfectly silent. Just like your heart makes noise as a by product of the blood swooshing through it and valves opening/closing your colon makes noise because it moves things around.Now reducing gas volume (diet or probiotics) may reduce the amount of gas which may participate in noise.Drugs that effect colon activity by slowing it down after meals (when it normally and naturally has more activity) like an antispasmodic or low dose antidepressants may help.If you are just anxious about the noise so listening for it all the time (and if anyone spends all day waiting and listening for colon noises they will probably start to hear them) then treating the anxiety will help because you won't be working so hard to prevent something your body can't stop doing.Some people are louder than others, some people are louder sometimes than others. Any human's colon may make an occasional really loud noise.I know people hate all the noises and it really bothers them, but it isn't really something you can treat independently of other things and some level of noise will be there every single day for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kathleen,I read your story where you said you beat IBS (Taking Buspar etc,.). I am not sure when you posted that story. Did you post it some time 4/16/2009? I am just curious, how are you now? Are you still taking medication for IBS? or you symptom free now?? Please reply ,..ThanksAnil

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
After the CBT I was taking a lot less medication, and that smaller amount kept me symptom free (and without meds it was mild, but no symptoms was nice)It took maybe 3 years or so after the CBT but it finally got off the meds and I have abdominal cramps maybe 3-4 times year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.