Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone out there in painful internet land. I wanted to share some things that worked for me to help prevent and also to help with the pain of an iBS attack. Firstly I am a 33year old female and I was officially diagnosed with IBS over 15 years ago. I was obese and working like crazy and eating all the wrong foods. I would have painful episodes in the bathroom that cost me job promotions and actually put me on sick leave from work due to severity. Fast forward through some diet change and a huge boost in confidence due to a perception change and my IBS episodes had become a thing of the past. I was eating mostly vegan, juicing for breakfast having a nice salad for lunch and whatever the heck I wanted for dinner. Lost a ton of weight. Fast forward again a few more years and everything in my life had changed again. New marriage, new city, new job, new home and about 3 years of heavy stress while my disabled husband and autistic son took most of my leftover energy. The stress was compounded by a court case we faught hard to win over those 3 years which brought back the IBS. This time I already had a better diet and was more confident already in myself so here are the 3 things that help me get over an attack quickly and I want to share them with all of you..
1. During the episode because they come on fast and hard, rub your hands down the tops of your thighs towards your knees, let your hand drag against the sides of your legs in one giant circular motion applying pressure to the tops of your thighs which each pass towards your knees. Moving the blood around and the stimulation on your legs helps occupy the mind from the pain.
2.As soon as possible consume medicinal marijuana. It will eliminate the stress or trigger and help aleve the physical pain almost instantly.
3. Have sex, with yourself is better if your feeling Icky...but it works to get rid of the cramping pain and to help make the body almost take a deep breath in and out and relax.

They work for me so I hope they work for you!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts