Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well recently I have been very well with almost no issues. However today in the store I had to stop doing what I was doing as I had to go to the bathroom. I have never really had that happen before. What are some things I can use to control things like that? I was for quite a while having hard formed BM's and feeling great. They are soft now again but I still only go once a day sometime twice. So anything to help keep them firm and keep it so I go just the once would be great. I have seen my doctor again recently and he isn't convinced of IBS as I never have pain and not a lot of discomfort. Just gas at night and morning and some days not hard firm BM's. I am at a loss I wish I could find a good doctor.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well "less than IBS" usually means other functional GI problems not something more severe or needing different treatment than IBS.Have you tried Calcium Carbonate? Imodium may be too strong.You might also look at how much fiber you take. Sometimes when just a bit soft more fiber will help bulk/firm stuff up.Peppermint tea or Altoids or capsules may keep the just a bit over active from getting going.Have you tried a probiotic to see if that helps?Going twice a day is still completely normal so isn't a symptom of anything. Even someone totally healthy can have too soft of a stool if they don't get the right fiber amount, or eat too much sorbitol containing fruit, take too much caffeine or drink too much alcohol.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I take fibre and that makes them full but not firm they are soft when I am on fibre. I have not tried Calcium I will look into it. I do have peppermint Altoids and eat them once and a while. I have tried probiotics but have had no luck with multiple ones. Sorbitol in fruits eh?? I had a bunch of Orange Pineapple juice the other yesterday. What else could I ask my doctor about it possibly being? The only time i feel odd is after I get up and shortly after. I can get a stomach ache and if I eat something I get an odd feeling in my stomach like I need to go to the restroom and I get that gurgling feeling but it goes away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts