Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Pretty, Didn't want to read and run. I have had ibs since I was 16( although I do remember having tummy ache alot of the time from being about 6yrs, but didn't have diarrhea then. ) I coped with my illness and to be honest when I had an episode would deal with it and get over it, but now I have the responsibility of a family to look after, my condition is the worst its ever been, every day really and I am now struggling to cope with it.Like you Imodium has been a life saver, but on the other hand I needed 8 tablets a day just to get to work. Which when I look back I think was far too much. I still use Imodium, but only when necessary.When I was 25 my husband and I decided to start trying for a family and I became pregnant straight away, my symptom almost vanished, I had one episode the whole 9mths of being pregnant and my daughter was a healthy 8.5 lbs, 3 years later I had my second child again ibs went away and I had a 9.2lbs baby. After I had my second child my ibs came back really bad, but I think that was mainly stress and me worrying about getting it when I had 2 young children to look after didn't help. I then became pregnant again, but unfortunately lost my little girl at 24wks. About 6mths later I became pregnant yes again!!!! this pregnancy was awfull my ibs was really bad, I had my baby at 32wks, weighed 4 lbs and is now a healthy 16mth old. I have told you this just because you can still have a baby even though you have ibs and if your lucky it might go away like with my first two.My ibs is bad at the moment and I do have times when I feel I have had enough, but I keep going and tomorrows always another day, I haven't unfortunately found a cure yet, but I pray every day that someone does, I have a supportive family who help me so much, even if they just listen and have a shoulder there for me to cry on when things get bad. I hope you are well and I am here to chat too.Polly. x x x

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.